I wanna be far from home

Creator: PlasmaNapkin

Average Rating
8.7 / 10
Average Difficulty
69.6 / 100
     Download Game

Tags:

Needle (5)

Screenshots

  • by PlasmaNapkin
  • by PlasmaNapkin
  • by Anonymous
  • by PlasmaNapkin
  • by PlasmaNapkin

17 Reviews:

Wolfiexe
Plasma's needle style is likely one of the most unique styles in the community, with a very atmospheric feel and distinctive visuals, Far From Home plays to those strengths in making a very interesting needle experience primarily based around vines and water, and some very galaxy brain pathing.

The game features you going around a small hub of sorts, entering portals to traverse the needle challenges inside. These needle segments often feature very clever usage of pathing and conserving your double jump to get around the distorted and stylistic environment. This would be problematic if not for the Spacebar function which lets you zoom out and look around, making planning your path viable 99% of the time (the other 1% I wanted to scroll the camera a bit, although not entirely necessary it would've been a nice quality of life feature).

The platforming is fairly challenging, and a couple of segments are pretty demanding on the player's ability to manage vines and water. The last save in particular had a couple of jumps I wasn't too fond of pulling off alongside some other hiccups here and there, often involving fulljumping. There was also a water segment where an align seemed to make a big difference for the end of the save but this wasn't hinted at, and I died there multiple times before taking a different align. Maybe it was just a personal issue, but it felt bumpy for the end of a long save.

Overall though a very impressive needle game. If you're a fan of vine and water based needle and don't mind a bit of thinking then you'll likely have some fun with this.

Read More

Tagged as: Needle
[1] Like
Rating: 8.6 86       Difficulty: 70 70
Mar 18, 2019
infern0man1
Fantastic needle game all around; feels great to play, very unique style, amazing aesthetics, and a challenge. Would highly recommend.

Read More

Tagged as: Needle
[1] Like
Rating: 9.0 90       Difficulty: 70 70
Jul 10, 2017
whalington
Enjoyable needle with vines and water, very large levels that you can zoom out from. Pretty hard, too. Nice visuals and music.

Read More

Tagged as: Needle
[1] Like
Rating: 9.3 93       Difficulty: 70 70
Nov 4, 2016
shign
Excellent needle game with a very unique style I really loved. It use some large rooms to make galaxy brain pathing, so galaxy brain that even if you can zoom out by pressing space, it wasn't enough and I had to look at a vid for a few saves. Visuals are also really good, actually my only complaint will be that some saves near the end were too hard or too long for there own (and I also wish that warps at the end of areas auto save because I re-enter into the last area by mistakes so I had to redo the last save, which is a really hard one).

If you're a fan of vines and water or just of pathing in general, you have to give this game a try, you won't regret it.

Read More

[0] Likes
Rating: 9.6 96       Difficulty: 70 70
Sep 9, 2020
Notevenamatuer
Very good needle game. I needed to look up a video to finish the game and a few saves were harder than I liked but it was very good.

Cleared for FSR

Read More

[0] Likes
Rating: 8.5 85       Difficulty: 70 70
Sep 6, 2020