Kefit's Profile

Send a PM

Joined on: Jul 13, 2016

I've submitted:
29 Ratings!
28 Reviews!
11 Screenshots!

Report this user

28 Reviews

Kefit
For: I wanna say happy birthday to A17
This starts with several screens of platforming where you need to get to several triggers strewn throughout the screen, all on a single save. While the platforming is very simple, the trigger design results in very long saves. The second half of the platforming involves dodging rng apples while doing long but simple needle saves. This portion is actually pretty good, and also quite a bit trickier than the first section. Production values are strong for all the platforming.

The end is a simple avoidance. So simple in fact that a good 75% of it is a complete waste of time to a player of any skill level. The other 25% would be a nice intro to avoidance for new players.

Read More

[0] Likes
Rating: 5.0 50       Difficulty: 30 30
Mar 25, 2017
Kefit
For: I wanna be the night needle
One screen needle game (more or less) with short saves that require precision jumps, though not to the precision level of an L game. Playable, but also completely forgettable. There's an extra stage, it's pretty much more of the same except a little harder.

Read More

[0] Likes
Rating: 4.0 40       Difficulty: 60 60
Mar 24, 2017
Kefit
For: Untitled37
Short needle game with longish saves centered around vine use. Surprisingly, there is none of the platform or water use so commonly seen with vine game design these days. While I appreciate the "pure" approach taken the vine experience, the design suffers from repeated use of some of the more annoying things you can do with vines. Vine jumping up into awkward 32px gaps, forcing the player to fall from a long distance on to a vine, surrounding a vine with spikes (especially putting spikes right under the vine), etc. Vines interact with the Kid's movement in a really funky manner, and using tricks like these to increase the precision requirements just doesn't work well. It doesn't create a fun or rewarding experience. Still, it's a decent enough game outside of these occasional annoying vine interactions, especially during some of the more kinetic multi-vine sequence.

Read More

[2] Likes
Rating: 6.0 60       Difficulty: 50 50
Mar 24, 2017
Kefit
For: I wanna be the 128
Really good Rukito style game. That being said, while the game is definitely Rukito-style, it also establishes its own identity via clever and effective use of triggers to turn every save into somewhat of a puzzle. Most of the needle is excellent and creative. Most of the triggers are sanely placed and sized, such that you're not asked to do nonsense like frame perfect trigger triggering. Overall it comes together in an extremely fluid and enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately, every so often there's a jump or a moving apple that requires too much precision - for example, the apple in stage 7's water segment, or the squished diagonal in stage eight. These segments crash the flow of the game to a halt. They really feel like they weren't tested sufficiently. The game also overuses apple bobbing mechanics. To its credit, it makes interesting use of the mechanic, but it becomes pretty tiring the second and third time around. Save point placement is also pretty bad, with lots of saves stuck in the air or in little cubbies off the main path (thankfully this doesn't matter as much for this style of game). However, these are mostly minor blemishes. I'm only detailing them here in the hopes that the creator can take notice and make his next game even better.

There's also a final boss. It's easy but has WAY TOO MUCH HP. Fangames gotta fangame, I guess.

Overall an excellent game. I look forward to more from 128-Up.

Read More

[1] Like
Rating: 8.5 85       Difficulty: 75 75
Mar 23, 2017
Kefit
For: I wanna beat the Easy Game
Two screen needle game. The saves are short, usually composed of two to three fairly difficult jump sequences (corners, double diamonds, etc). While save balance and flow is pretty good, most of the jumps are very generic. Overall, it wasn't very interesting or memorable.

Read More

[0] Likes
Rating: 4.5 45       Difficulty: 75 75
Mar 20, 2017
User's games list is empty!
User's favorites list is empty!
User's clear list is empty!